Top Ten Tips for responsible pet ownership:
1. THINK carefully before getting a pet and learn about its special requirements.
2. ENSURE your pet is sociable and well trained.
3. PROVIDE a nutritious and well balanced diet.
4. PROVIDE suitable housing and bedding.
5. CLEAN UP after your pet and worm it regularly.
6. PROTECT against disease - see your vet for advice.
7. PREVENT unwanted litters and neuter your pet when appropriate.
8. GROOM your pet regularly.
9. CONTROL your pet and ensure it is properly identified.
10. TAKE OUT pet insurance to cover against unexpected illness and third party liability.