Millcroft Veterinary Group is a fiercely independent, six-centre, mixed practice in the western Lake District. Due to continued growth, we have an opportunity for a second-year student veterinary nurse to join our friendly 20-nurse, 27-vet team.
Millcroft Veterinary Group is a member of XLVets, a community of independently owned veterinary practices.
- We have been a Veterinary Nurse Training Practice for over 20 years, and have a high retention rate of SVNs once qualified.
- We have a busy and varied caseload of small animal medicine and surgery to cover all aspects of the CSL.
- Practice facilities include; DR X-ray, video endoscopy, ultrasound, dental X-rays and therapeutic laser.
- Full-time position - 38-hour week over 4 days, plus weekends.
- Weeknight on-call once experienced
- Salary to be agreed
- Full driving license essential.
- 5.6 pro-rata weeks of paid holiday per year, including public holidays, with an additional allowance for long service.
- Optional holiday purchase scheme of up to 1 week pro-rata.
- Relocation support
- We take mental health seriously and subscribe to an employee assistance programme which provides 24/7 support as well as counselling sessions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Company pension
- Discounted veterinary fees and free membership to our Lifetime Care Cub for one pet
- Team social events
- Flu vaccine
Still need to be convinced?
- We are proud, active members of XLVets, and recent winners of the XLVet's "Inspirational Teams" award.
- We’re situated in the heart of the Lake District UNESCO World Heritage Site which presents a wealth of opportunities for walkers, horse-riders, kayakers, runners, mountaineers, climbers, paragliders, wild-swimmers and even skiers
Visit our Facebook to see the team in action @MillcroftVeterinaryGroup
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.